Making nettle and comfrey fertiliser is something I do every year. It’s basically free fertiliser that doesn’t cost me a penny. I tend you use my comfrey fertiliser for my tomatoes and courgettes, and the nettles for everything else. They are both full of vital nutrients, and is something I recommend everyone should make.
Making nettle and comfrey fertiliser is extremely easy:
- Get a bucket and fill it with either nettles or comfrey.
- Fill the bucket with water but leave enough so it doesn’t overflow.
- Every couple of days, give it a stir and after two-three weeks, it will be ready. Word of warning though, it will smell foul.
- Filter out the mixture into another bucket to clear out the debris.
- When you want to use it, dilute the liquid to one part nettle/comfrey to 10 parts water. The darker the liquid, the more you will need to dilute it.
At the moment, I’ve got a batch of each brewing. I reckon they need another week or so before they are ready to use